Ar. Ma. Teresa Gopez

Dean, College of Architecture and Fine Arts

HISTORY

During the 88th regular meeting of BCAT Board of Regents held on February 19, 1985, Board Resolution No. 10-1985 was approved wherein the curricula for the following courses namely BS in Civil Engineering, BS in Electrical Engineering, BS in Mechanical Engineering, BS in Education and BS in Architecture were approved for implementation effective school year 1985-1986. It produce the first lone graduate in BS in Architecture in March 1986. From thereon, the Bulacan College of Arts and Trades continuously produced architecture graduates under the School of Engineering and Architecture.

The segregation of the Department of Architecture from the then College of Engineering and Architecture took the planning stage in the first quarter of 1999. In spite of the lack of facilities and time to prepare for the separation, President Rosario Pimentel still encouraged the establishment of the Institute of Architecture & Fine Arts. It was on March 23, 1999 when the 2nd regular meeting of the BSU Board of Regents was held at the DAP Function Room, DAP Building, San Miguel Avenue, Pasig City. Included in the Board Resolution No. 17 s. 1999 is the separation of Architecture from the College of Engineering. Arch. Ma. Saturnina C. Parungao, who was then the Architecture Department Head, was appointed Director of the Institute. Since then, IARFA has continued to grow as an academic unit. Its enrollment continues to rise and with the effort of the Administration and the Parent Teacher Association, its facilities have not only increased but improved as well.

The Institute has shown exceptional performance in on and off campus activities of its graduates and students. With its relevant and competitive curricula for the programs of Architecture and BFA, Major in Advertising Arts and a strong faculty of certified artists and architects, IARFA extends its services not only to the academe, but to the Filipino community as a whole through the development of programs, promotion of culture and the arts and establishment of linkages and extension services.

In 2006, two new programs were approved and offered namely, Bachelor of Landscape Architecture and Bachelor in Fine Arts, major in Painting. By the opening of the school year 2007-2008, the Institute of Architecture and Fine Arts was converted to College of Architecture and Fine Arts.

BSU CAFA continues to provide quality education and training towards the upliftment of professional, socio-cultural, psycho-intellectual and moral dimensions of its students.


VISION

The Bulacan State University is a progressive knowledge - generating institution globally recognized for excellent instruction, pioneering research, and responsive community engagement.

MISSION

The Bulacan State University exists to produce highly competent, ethical and service oriented professionals that contribute to the sustainable socio-economic growth and development of the nation.

GENERAL OBJECTIVES

To strengthen the commitment to a progressive program concerned with providing instruction and training of the highest quality towards the integral development of the individual.


CONTACT INFORMATION

Dean's Office: 919-7800 local 1049

College Secretary: 919-7800 local 1050


SHARE THIS PAGE: